In the context of the Incheon Declaration, the Quindao Declaration, the Education 2030 Framework for Action and Sustainable Development Goal #4 on Education the Conference will address current challenges in the use of ICT on the way towards equitable quality education and lifelong opportunities for all. The main goals of the IITE-2016 International Conference are:
- to analyze major trends and challenges in ICT use in education, including traditional, open, distance, online, smart, ubiquitous and mobile learning;
- to discuss emerging technologies and pedagogical models and contribute to shaping future education policies;
- to consider the changes in the educational content (including OER and MOOCs) in the context of the revision of the pedagogical paradigm;
- to develop an understanding of how ICT in education can contribute to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- to exchange expertise and experience in using ICT to ensure quality education;
- to discover the opportunities and implications provided by innovative media technologies and resources in education;
- to identify the potential and accumulate promising practices on ICT in inclusive education and promoting accessible education environment for all;
- to foster international and regional cooperation and networking with support of the UNESCO Global networks and their partners from public and private sectors.
The appropriate topics, challenges and best practices will be discussed at thematic sections.